Hi Parents; Please see the diagram below for an overview of what students will learn in music in grade 5. I am looking forward to an awesome year with these fantastic and talented grade 5 students!
Hi Tuscany Families, The grade 1 and 2 classes are awesome! Please read the Success Criteria below to find out some things we have been doing in music: 1. I can move to a steady beat using various actions. 2. I can ID ta, ti-ti, and rest (gr. 2's can) 3. I can perform a steady beat in a group, while another group plays the rhythm. 4. I can perform the rhythm in a group, while another group plays the beat. 5. I can use a singing voice. 6. I can understand that pitch can be high, low, or in the middle. 7. I can understand that penta means five and when some bars are removed from the barred instruments, the bars that are left make a pentatonic scale. 8. I can understand that music is organized into sections called FORM and is labelled with upper case letters beginning with A. 9. I can identify most environmental sounds I hear. 10. I can show different ways to use my voice, such as singing, talking, whispering, shouting and thinking. (Ms. Miller likes the thinking voice th...
Hello Parents; Gr 2 classes are working on review of rhythm names, along with learning how to use mallets and the xylophones/metalophones properly. Please practice steady beat with your child and also practice keeping a steady beat in the feet and a simple rhythm while clapping. Being able to perform these two actions at the same time is such a great brain growing exercise and improves coordination! I am looking forward to a great year in music!
Grade 3/4 students have played a game that practices the note values, moving the number of spaces with corresponding note values and missing a turn if they roll a rest! We have also been learning about ACCENTS, and that music is grouped in groups of 2, but could also be grouped in 3 or 4. We have stepped the strong beat so strongly that the vibrations activated the cymbal! That was a very interesting discover! We have practiced patting the strong beat and clapping the weak beat. Our next step was to then show the accent mark on paper above the strong beats and discovered a pattern of strong/weak. We discovered that the song we were singing is grouped in 2's, which means there are 2 beats/bar. Grade 3-4's have also been focusing on FORM of music. Understanding that music is arranged in sections and that each section is different. We learned a song that has an AB section and we have now created our own forms using a 4 x 4 grid an...